Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday Reflection - Prayer and Doubt

Matthew 21:21 Jesus replied, "Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."

"If you have faith and do not doubt..." Many times I believe I have faith for different prayer requests - especially for healing for someone I love. I truly believe God can and does heal. However, somewhere in the depths of my being, I'm afraid I often wonder if God WILL heal when I pray. That may be doubt on my part.

My prayer is often like the father who said, "Lord, I believe, help my unbelief." Except, my prayer is "Lord, I believe, help me not to doubt."

3 comments:

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Well said.

Keri said...

yep....

TjandMark said...

I hear ya. I'm sitting in a waiting room right now praying for a friend who is having surgery for a suspicious nodule in the neck. I believe, but I have an underlying doubt. Troubling