Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Amazing, Scary Power

We’ve all seen videos of the power of floods – washing away houses, etc.  However, this flood in Australia from just a few days ago is amazing and scary because of how fast it rises and the powerful effect it has.

Can’t say ‘enjoy’ with this one.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Grant says, "That is horrible! Can't God make it stop raining? I don't like it because that town was flooding and all the cars are on each other."

I say, "UGH!"

Rising Rainbow said...

Living in a flood plain I see the power of the water much too often for my taste. ANd it just happens to be blooding right now although about half the size of this.

That man who moved his car is lucky he survived. He may think saving his car was smart but it could have gone so wrong so quickly.

Mark's Space said...

This highlights the fact that nature's power can be frightening and ultimately it's beyond our control. Thankfully at least one motorist escaped.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

All I can is WOW!!! Scary!

Keri said...

They looked like toys! Like match book cars! So small in comparison with the power of the flood. Wow.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Amazing and scary is right.

~Lisa

Anonymous said...

I keep meaning to ask if any of your favorite places to travel have been affected?