Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Good-Bye Little Buddy

Betty and I went to the doctor yesterday to remove my sidekick, my catheter, and to have the 24 staples removed from my 8 inch incision.  All of that went well.

The doctor also said the pathology tests run after my surgery look good so there’s no immediate evidence the cancer has spread.  That’s good news.

I’ll have a blood test run in about a month to do another check.

Thanks for all the prayers and support.

Dan

9 comments:

Mark's Space said...

Good news then Dan. Best of luck

Anonymous said...

Glad all is going well.

TjandMark said...

YeeHaw! Good news all around. It won't be long till you will be back in the saddle again...

Did I ever tell you Gene Autry was my grand dad's boyhood neighbor. My grandpa said he wasn't a very good worker. LOL. But he played ball ok.

Anonymous said...

most excellent..

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Woohooo! That's fabulous news!

And good riddance to your little buddy AND the nasty "C" word, too!

Keep on healing and feeling better, my friend :)

~Lisa

Keri said...

Yippy! :)

Rising Rainbow said...

Woohoo! That's all good news.

Anonymous said...

As I said before, "YeeHaw!"

Michelle said...

Did you ask if you could take him home--maybe frame it for posterity's sake?

I love hearing happy, non-spreading news!

EIGHT INCH INCISION?! Ouch! Sorry, Dan. That has to hurt really bad!