Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hurricane Irene? What Hurricane?

I’m not downplaying the recent effect of Hurricane Irene on the Eastern seaboard.  Lives were lost and property was damaged and for each of those families it was an individual tragedy.

However, there is one place where Hurricanes are ignored.

It is a place of dignity, honor and duty.  This picture was taken during the impact of Hurricane Irene on Washington, D.C.

These guys are the best of the best.

110828-irene-tomb-of-unknown-soldier

6 comments:

TjandMark said...

wow

Mark's Space said...

He shows great resilience and an incredible sense of duty ~ an unsung hero.

juliette said...

True strength.

Also, off topic - I keep forgetting to say that I love your header of your sweet horses as bookends!

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Amazing loyalty! Of course, I wouldn't want any harm to come to them while they are on duty.

Unknown said...

Irene met her match.

Michelle said...

So cool. Thanks, Dan.