Saturday, June 16, 2012

Coyote Snacks

It's that time of the year all of our coyotes look forward to - quail hatchlings.

We always have a bunch of hatchlings each year - 8 to 15 hatchlings to each quail pair. To our coyotes these little guys are just snacks and the number slowly goes down to where sometimes we'll see a quail pair with only one or two hatchlings following them around.

Yet, enough survive each year because we still have a lot of quail in our area.

It's hard to catch these little guys on film as they move around so fast and never stay in one place very long. So, I set up my tripod and camera and caught a few short clips over a period of days.

Enjoy.

 

 

4 comments:

bobbyd said...

99 little quail on the wall, 99 little quail ..one fell down and appetizers are served..

quite fast aren't they

Anonymous said...

Now I CAN watch them all day by hitting the play button! I love the babies with the little head feather. Just makes me smile!

TxFarmhouse said...

Wow! That's the coolest post I've seen in a long time!!! We sighted a pair of quail out at the shed way in the back of the property a few times...hopefully, they hatched out their babies.Thanks for going to trouble to film them and sharing!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Too stinkin' cute!

I think those quail must be related to the Duggar Family! lol!

~Lisa